The Society of State Leaders of Health and Physical Education’s (The Society) is proud to provide professionals with a three-day (two-hour sessions) Virtual Conference focused on current programs and approaches.
PLEASE SAVE THE DATE and ATTEND: Three-day virtual professional development event on October 21-23, 2020. (2-hour sessions each day from 2:00 pm- 4:00 pm (EST).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
State Leaders for Health and Physical Education members, Higher Education Society members, other staff members at state departments of education, and professionals who support work of staff members in departments of education. CHES®/MCHES® recertification credits also will be offered for this upcoming virtual professional development event. If you have not registered for recertification credit, contact Fran Anthony Meyer, PhD, CHES®, email@example.com. Others may attend at a non-member price.
HOW WILL THE VIRTUAL EVENT WORK THIS YEAR?
We will log onto Zoom each day from 2:00-4:00 pm to listen to presentations that include successful and innovative programs or approaches, network with other participants, and learn about resources from exhibitors and sponsors. Those registered will receive the Zoom link a couple of days in advance. You MUST be registered!
SESSION TOPICS will relate to:
- Navigating a Trauma-Centered Learning Environment
- Collaborative Efforts among schools, governmental agencies, and not-for-profit organizations
- Health Skills Models relevant to virtual learning experiences
PRESENTERS include, but are not limited to:
- Mary Thissen-Milder, PhD, Physical Education Consultant, Minnesota Department of Education
- Holly Hunt, School Health Branch, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Charlene Burgeson, Active Schools
- Elaine Auld, Jordan Buckley, Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE)
- Christy Altidor, National Coalition of STD Directors (NCSD)
- Amanda Nichols and Emily Shore, RMC Health and Jessica Lawrence, Cairn Guidance
SPONSORS and PARTNERS
MORE to come in the near future. Stay tuned for updates!