The Society Fall Professional Development (PD) Meeting will be held again as a virtual event. As last year, the 2022 virtual sessions are scheduled over two days (four-hours per day), October 12-13, 2022, from 2:00 pm- 6:00 pm EST).
At this meeting we also will begin planning when our next in-person event(s) will be scheduled.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Members who are state leaders of health and physical education, those employed in institutions of higher education, other state agency staff members engaged in Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child, or WSCC model program areas, and professionals who support work of staff members in departments of education. Other professionals may attend at non-member prices. CHES®/MCHES® recertification credits will be offered again by contacting Fran Anthony Meyer, PhD, CHES®, firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WILL THE VIRTUAL EVENT WORK?
We will log onto Zoom each day from 2:00-6:00 pm to listen to presentations that include successful and innovative programs or approaches, network with other participants, and learn about resources from sponsors. Also, meet our 2022 award recipients. Those registered will receive the Zoom link a day in advance. You MUST be registered to receive the Zoom link!
SESSION TOPICS will relate to “Building Our Capacities as State Leaders”
Day1: Federal and National Updates on Surveillance and Other Data and How It Is Used; Critical Policy and Program Updates; Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of Title IX
Day 2: More about Policy Trends across the Nation; Hearing from Higher Education Leader Educators; Success Stories around the Country
- Holly Hunt – Chief, School Health Branch, Division of Population Health, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion
- Brandon Stratford – Deputy Program Area Director, Child Trends
- Jerrica Davis – Senior Manager, Adolescent Health at National Coalition of STD Directors
- Megan Blanco – Director of Safe & Healthy Schools, National Association of State Boards of Education
- Mary Beth Szydlowski – Associate Director, Healthy & Supportive Schools, Advocates for Youth
- Kymm Ballard, Professor, Campbell University
- David Birch, Professor (retired), University of Alabama
- Bonnie Edmondson, Professor Emerita, Southern Connecticut State University
- Lennie Parham, New Jersey Department of Education
- Ellen Essick, North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
- Susanne Schmal, North Carolina Department of Public Instruction
Other speakers are invited. More information will be shared in the next announcement. Invite others to register!
SPONSORS notifications are forthcoming. Please share the link with any business, corporation, governmental agency, or not-for-profit organization you care to see engaged with the Society. Special benefits are provided for these influential collaborators. Sponsors may register until October 7, 2022.
NETWORKING/SOCIAL: The Zoom main room will be open following each day’s session for those who care to network and socialize.
MAKE PLANS NOW TO ATTEND
To ensure continual updates of the Fall Meeting and other events and resources, please make sure your membership record is updated. We look forward to seeing everyone on October 12-13.